Interested in Chartering This Yacht?
- Vessel Info
- AD ASTRA
- Year Built:
- Virgin Islands (British)
- Captain Stephen Varrow & Chef
- Dimensions, Speed, & Specifications
- 57 ft (17.4 m)
- Max Speed:
- 20 kts (37 kph)
- Cruise Speed:
- 14.6 kts (27 kph)
- 2 x Yanmar 50hp
- 30 ft (9.2 m)
- Min. Draft:
- 3 ft 11 in (1.2 m)
- Max. Draft:
- 3 ft 11 in (1.2 m)
Sleeps 8 in 4 CabinsAD ASTRA can accommodate 8 guests in 4 cabins.
The Master cabin has a queen size bed, shower and toilet.
2 Guest cabins each have 2 queen size beds, shower and toilet.
A Guest cabin has 2 upper & lower single beds, shower and toilet.
AD ASTRA is fully air conditioned through out.
Crew has a separate companionway, heads and shower.
- AmmenitiesCD library, Cell phone, DVD library, DVD player saloon, Indoor audio system, Local TV, Satellite phone, Wi-Fi, 13ft / 4.00m 50hp Nautica, Assorted water toys, Beach games, Floating Mats, Kayak, Tube - towable, Wakeboard, Water skis - adult, Water skis - child, BBQ, Deck shower, Fishing gear - light, Special diets, Swim platform
- DivingInsured, Crew certified, Diving if certified, Snorkelling gear, 1 Compressor, 10 Tanks, 10 BCs, 10 Regulators, Master,
Diving: 3-5 dives during the week. Rent equipment - $150 per person per week
- Crew ProfileCaptain: Stephen Varrow
Steve has spent his whole life living on or by the sea, at 16 he started as an apprentice with Princess Yachts which started his love for hospitality, sailing and everything to do with the sea.
Steve has been a professional sailor for over 15 years and his experience has included, teaching sailing courses in Spain, the Balearic's and the BVI, delivering yachts all over Europe and the Caribbean, running charters for the prestigious Four Seasons resort and skippering charter and private yachts including a 90’ classic sloop in the Caribbean and Bahamas. He has over 50,000 miles as skipper including 5 transatlantic deliveries but his real love is sailing in the BVI and rest of the Caribbean, which he knows intimately, in fact he has navigated to every Island from Puerto Rico in the north to Trinidad in the south.
Dreaming of owning your own Catamaran one day? Steve will be happy to show you the ropes and let you get involved in sailing the boat during your vacation.
Steve is a keen wooden boat enthusiast and loves to compete in traditional sailing regattas during his free time. He is also a master carpenter specialising in joinery and furniture.
Steve is an RYA Yacht-master, IYT Master Unlimited, RYA, ASA and IYT sailing Instructor and PADI open water diver, he consistently receives outstanding customer reviews for his relaxed style, unflappable nature and friendly personality from everyone who sails with him.Chef / First mate: Andrea Gonzalez
Andrea grew up in Columbia and at an early age moved to Venezuela where she lived on the coast. Her love of water started at an early age when she took up synchronised swimming at her local club and she eventually went on to compete at the National level. She then went back to college in Columbia where she studied international cuisine.
Her speciality is organic Latin cuisine as in South America all the produce is sourced and grown locally. She always tries to use organic and local produce in her cooking and loves to experiment with new recipes and ideas and is passionate about everything she does.
Andrea always has a cheeky smile on her face and guarantees all her guests will have fun on her charters, she has 14 years diving experience in the BVI and will be happy to show you those secret little spots that are not always known, she is skilled as an Stand -Up Paddle board Instructor and also licensed powerboat Captain.
- Breakfast -
Available daily:Coffee, orange juice, whole grain cereals, milk, yogurts, eggs to order, fresh fruit
• Egg White Omelet with Spinach & Mushrooms
• Muffin Tin Omelets
• Free range Scrambled Eggs with Organic Pork Sausages
• Stuffed Bell Pepper Rings with Crispy Bacon Eggs
• Scrambled Eggs and Potato Hash
• Eggs Benedict over Spinach and Fresh Tomato with home made Hollandaise Sauce
• Huevos Rancheros
- Lunch -
• Oriental Chicken Salad with Sesame Seed
• Caprese Pasta Salad
• Marinated Tuna over Zesty Lime Tabule
• Greek Chicken Wraps
• Chick Pea Salad with Tomato, Avocado, Cucumber and Organic Feta Cheese
• BLT Pasta Salad
- Appetizer -
• Mini Empanadas Colombiana’s, served with house hot sauce
• Hummus salad dip• Bruschetta with warm Goat cheese
• Salami with Cream Cheese
• Baked Zucchini Fries
• Arepa Venezolana with Tuna Salad
- Starters –
• Caeser Salad
• Crema de Col (Cauliflower)
• Crema de Espinacas (Cream of Spinach Soup Colombian style)
• Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad
• Crema de Auyama (Roasted Pumpkin Soup)- Entrée -
• Broiled Salmon served with Rising Cuscus
• Mahi-Mahi in Butter sauce served with Eggplant Tower and Wild Rice
• Marinated Tenderloin on the Grill and French Ratatouille
• Baked Spanish Chicken with orange Sauce with Roasted Vegetables
• MEXICAN NIGHT – Beef Burritos service with guacamole, fried beans and salsa
• Pork Kebab in Sour Sweet Pineapple Sauce, served with Garlic Mash Potatoes and Vegetables
- Deserts -
• Dark Rum Cake
• Mango Pudding
• Chocolate Brownies and Vanilla Ice Cream
• Quesillo Venezolano – Vanilla Flan
• Torta de Vanilla with Pineapple
• Chocolate Pudding
ADASTRA's guests for New Years week, 2017/2018, said:
Amazing trip on AdAstra. We chartered the boat for a week with two other families. Could not have gone better. The captain Steve took us to incredible coves around the BVI that had great snorkeling. Steve and Andrea were incredible. Whenever we wanted to do water sports, they knew exactly where to go. They were easy going but attentive to what we wanted to do. And the food! Oh my gosh, it was better than most 4 star restaurants we have been to. Andrea had every meal planned out and made sure the adults and kids liked what they got. And Steve was also a great bartender with different rum or other drinks whenever we wanted. It was a perfect experience.
This is the first Catamaran voyage that our family has taken. We were not sure what to expect, however little did we know that they had everything covered! The accommodations were extremely comfortable and we quickly made it our home. We were quickly absorbed into the easy life with delicious foods, endless water sports, and beautiful views. A special thanks to Andrea and Steve whose experience and care made a great Catamaran even better.
From soup to nuts, our time on the Ad Astra over New Year's was amazing! Captain Steve was competent and charming and made sure both the kids and adults had a blast. From water sports to floats to cocktails, all was handled gracefully. Sweet Andrea was wonderful to be around, her food delicious and made with love. We did not want for a thing. The Ad Astra itself was beautifully restored and perfect for our group of 8. Phenomenal vacation, 100% recommended, we just wished it was longer!!!
Early January guests aboard catamaran ADASTRA said:
We all had a blast and enjoyed your both of your company, as well as Andrea’s cooking!! The kids were very complimentary and really enjoyed themselves. After a couple days of being back in the cold U.S., they asked if that trip really happened or if it was just a great dream!! I’m not sure either…ha!
I thought the vessel was perfect for the size of our party, and the sleeping accommodations very comfortable and efficient. I really appreciated your ability to think on your feet with the “swell” that came in from the north, and although we missed the Baths, you came up with another game plan that was terrific. You and Andrea have an excellent knowledge of the key BVI spots and we were glad to experience most of them.
A good mix of responsible seamanship and artful bartending made for a really fun and relaxing time. Would love to do it again sometime!!
Guests aboard catamaran AdAstra with Steve and Andrea in mid-November, 2016 said:
Steve and Andrea made our week in the BVI amazing. The food was delicious, fresh and healthy and we looked forward to every meal. Steve was extremely knowledgeable about the BVI, the boat and all of the activities available to us. He took us to all of their favorite spots and optimized our time in each spot. Steve and Andrea were wonderful hosts for the week and we could not have been happier with our choice of boats. The meals were plentiful and delicious and Andrea clearly referenced our preference sheet when planning each dish. We were pleasantly surprised that many of the specific items we listed on the preference sheet were provided.