Interested in Chartering This Yacht?
KALEEN offers four cabins and sleeps nine guests in addition to Captain Andre Swanepoel and his crew of four. KALEEN offers every water toy you can imagine and her professional crew will attend to your every need and ensure a first rate holiday.
- Vessel Info
- Year Built:
- Year Refittted:
- Marshall Islands
- Broward Marine
- Captain Andre Swanepoel, Chef & 3 crew
- Dimensions, Speed, & Specifications
- 109 ft (33.5 m)
- Max Speed:
- 15.7 kts (29 kph)
- Cruise Speed:
- 13 kts (24 kph)
- 2 x Detroit 12V71 @ 650 HP
- 23 ft (7 m)
- Min. Draft:
- 5 ft 11 in (1.8 m)
- Max. Draft:
- 5 ft 11 in (1.8 m)
Sleeps 8 in 4 Cabins
KALEEN can accommodate 8 guests in 4 cabins.
The master cabin has a king size bed, Jacuzzi bath/tub, shower and head.
Guest cabin has twin beds, shower and head.
Guest cabin has a queen size bed, shower and head.
Guest cabin on main deck has a double bed, shower and head.
KALEEN is fully air conditioned through out.
Crew has a separate companionway, heads and shower.
Kaleen has recently had many great updates!
2007: Both main engines rebuilt (fall), both generators rebuilt (summer), Nav electronics upgraded 2008: Stabilizers rebuilt, fuel & racor system rebuilt, engine room wiring, installation of insulation between engine room and Master stateroom, all lines and hoses for grey and black water systems redone. New marble tops in master stateroom and new TV system installed. Galley stove and oven upgraded (new) In addition for the Fall of 2008: new carpets throughout installed early July. Exterior repainting and complete new varnish throughout interior and exterior. Replacement galley counter tops and floor covering. Replacement of all curtains, valances and wall fittings. New paint and varnish full exterior in 2009 and interior varnish.
- AmmenitiesDVD library, DVD player saloon, Fax, Indoor audio system, Local TV, Satellite phone, Satellite TV, 17ft / 5.40m 110hp Novurania, 34ft / 10.60m 600hp Intrepid, Beach games, Paddleboards multiple, Tube - towable, Volley ball, Wakeboard, Water skis - adult, Wave runners multiple (sitdown), BBQ, Coffee machine, Deck shower, Fishing gear - light, Ice maker, Jacuzzi in master cabin, Sun loungers, Swim platform, Water maker
- DivingNot Insured, Diving by arrangement, Snorkelling gear
- Crew ProfileCaptain: Andre Swanepoel
Andre hails from Richards Bay, a coastal town in South Africa. Deep-sea fishing, water sports and sailing were all a part of growing up. He left South Africa in 2001 on a 52 foot sail boat, crossed the Atlantic and ended up in the Caribbean on the Island of St Maarten. Andre worked as mate and engineer on day charter boats in St Maarten for the next year and a half. His next stop was in England to complete his Captain’s license. Since then, Andre has served as Captain or Captain/Engineer on motor and sail yachts up to 130ft.
Andre is married to Beatrix, the Chief Stewardess, who he met 12 years ago in St Maarten.
Andre has excellent cruising knowledge of the Caribbean, Bahamas, USA East Coast, Central America and the Mediterranean. With cruising knowledge of all these areas, he will plan an itinerary that will make your trip aboard Kaleen unforgettable.First Mate: Marc Fourie
Marc hails from the coastal city of Durban, South Africa, and has been involved in water sport from a young age. Marc is an avid surfer, swimmer and wake boarder. He is also a qualified USA Red Cross Life Saver and an Advanced Open Water PADI scuba diver.
Marc is well traveled and has been to numerous beautiful locations such as Thailand, Mauritius, The Mediterranean, USA West and East Coasts and Africa.Chef: Ramon Minguez Gavin (28)
Ramon hails from Zaragoza Spain and is 28 years old. He started his culinary degree in Benasque, Spain for 3 years and completed another 2 years in Tenerife, Canary Islands. At the age of 22 he won the Canary Islands Young Chef Championship and was placed 5th in the Spain young Chef Championship. Ramon has worked in restaurants such as “Toni Vicente”, a Michelin Star restaurant in the north of Spain, and the award winning tapas restaurant “Barrafina” in London.
Ramon is a very accommodating chef and will do everything he can to make your culinary experience onboard Kaleen one to remember.Chief Stewardess: Nadia Ghali
Nadia was born in Firminy, France, a small town near Lyon. After her B.A. in International Business she realized her dream was to travel around the world. She lived in Canada, Mexico, and Thailand, as well as short stays in many other countries. She worked in different hotels and restaurants and was managing dive centers before joining her first sail yacht as a stewardess. She speaks English, French, and Spanish fluently and has a strong background in hospitality. She is enthusiastic and believes that customer service lies above everything else. Nadia enjoys scuba diving, yoga, and reading historic novels. She is driven to make your stay on Kaleen a wonderful experience.Secobd Stewardess: Sara Hoitsema
Sara was born in Cascais, Portugal, a town thirty kilometers west of Lisbon. Her father, a previous owner of a racing catamaran, introduced her to sailing optimists at the age of six and has since loved being out at sea. After graduating high school she began working on both motor and sail yachts in St. Maarten to build her repertoire as a stewardess, practicing her skills in detail and service. Sara also enjoys fitness, scuba diving, and other marine and water sport activities. She looks forward to making your stay fun and memorable.
- MenuKaleen Charter 7 Days example menuDay 1Breakfast:Special: Bagels with smoked salmon & cream cheesefruit platters, Greek yoghurts, cereals, croissant with jams, toast, selection of tropical juices, tee and coffeeLunch:Spanish gazpacho with melonPork cannelloni with boletus bechamelTiramisuAppetizers:Mozzarella and cherry tomato bruschettaApple –blue cheese chutney on toastDinner:Mediterranean pad ThaiFillet Mignon and vegetablesCheese ice cream and walnutsDay 2:Breakfast:Special: Sunrise eggs benedictFruit platters, Greek yoghurts, cereals, croissant with jams, toast, selection of tropical juices, tee and coffeeLunch:Vegetable mix with leek soup reduction and goat cheeseSeafood couscous with paprikaWarm apple pieAppetizers:Phillo cups with ricotta cheese and thymeWarm Brie and red pepperDinner:Black rice with lobsterCreme brulee catalanaDay 3:Breakfast:Special: Spanish omelet and cheesesFruit platters, Greek yoghurts, cereals, croissant or bakery with jams, toast, selection of tropical juices, tee and coffeeLunch:Tomato saladDuck confit with strawberry and mushroomsCinnamon Pinna cottaAppetizers:Grilled Stuffed JalapeñosMushrooms and carrot croquetsDinner:Marmitako (tuna casserole, Northern Spain style)Flan caramelDay 4:Breakfast:Special: Poached eggs with different garnishesFruit platters, Greek yoghurts, cereals, croissant or bakery with jams, toast, selection of tropical juices, tee and coffeeLunch:Stew special lentils and Kobe beefChicken Breast in mustard sauceRed wine pearAppetizers:Date, walnut and blue cheese ballMelon with Parma Ham bruschettaDinner:BBQ NightTenderloin Beef burger with foie gras , Grouper burger and Eggplant burger.Yogurt and granola cupDay 5:Breakfast:Special: Quiche LorraineFruit platters, Greek yoghurts, cereals, croissant with jams, toast, selection of tropical juices, tee and coffeeLunch:Seafood paella (Spanish rice)Tocino de Cielo(egg cake)Appetizers:Caramelized Onions and goat cheese tartalettesCrudités with yogurt sauceDinner:Goat cheese salad with bacon vinaigretteMahi-Mahi in garlic sauce with sliced baked potatoesSalted caramel ice cream with chocolate gnashDay 6:Breakfast:Special: Omelet with tomato grilleFruit platters, Greek yoghurts, cereals, croissant with jams, toast, selection of tropical juices, tee and coffeeLunch:VichyssoiseShank (Ossobucco) with mash sweet potatoLemon pieAppetizers:Vegetable samosa with mint chutneyMushroom hummus and toastsDinner:Red tuna salad in sesame oilRoquefort Ravioli, foie gras sauce and reduce red wineBrownie with orangeDay 7:Breakfast:Special: Bacon cups with egg filling and asparagus headsLunch:Salmon tartar with tomatoes and avocadoRib eye beef on fire metal with special garnishCheese plateAppetizers:Marinated Salmon with dill and toastFoie gras toastDinner:Spanish Tapas Night:(All mix)Coffee pinna cotta
CARIBBEAN - JULY 2014
The crew and captain were great very willing to do whatever we wanted and had many good recommendations. We would recommend Kaleen to anyone and may post a note on their website. It is clearly a great value for the price compared to newer more expensive boats.