Italy by Water: Planning an Italian Yacht VacationMarch 31, 2017
In Italy, you can expect a little romance, history and, of course, rich food. The culture makes visiting Italy both easy and pleasant. As a relatively large country (Italy is about the size of Arizona) visitors can tailor Italy yacht charters to suit their vacation style.
The yacht-chartering season in Italy is consistent with the rest of the Mediterranean and runs from April through October. The warmest weather starts in July and typically ends in August, but this is also when locals expect to see the highest number of visitors to the country. If you’re looking to visit during a slower period, just before or after season is best. We recommend April and May or September and October as ideal times for the best weather with the least amount of visitors.
Our favorite Italy yacht charters travel to one (or more!) of the following destinations:
- Portofino – From the highest point in Portofino the view is magnificent. The cafes and boutiques are charming.
- The Almalfi Coast – Visiting the Almalfi Coast is really a must for any Italian vacation (whether you are on a boat or not). The hillside towns are bright and hidden in-between pockets of ocean and stunning rock landscape.
- Capri – Capri is an island that offers many daytime activities like biking, hiking, eating and touring. It is also home of the famous Blue Grotto.
- Sardinia – Sardinia is the second largest island in the Mediterranean Sea and home to many attractions, hotels, restaurants and n
- Venice – Ah, Venice is called “the most romantic city in the world,” and not many would argue. Venice appears to be floating on water. The many canals and hidden alleyways make meandering with coffee a joy – and a popular activity.
- Sicily – Sicily is the largest Mediterranean island, located at the very southern tip of Italy. It is full of culture and the local ties run strong. Enjoy the city of Palermo and Mount Etna for hiking and wine tasting.
Your yachting and boating options include both bareboat and crewed yachts – sailboats, motor yachts, luxury yachts and catamarans. The type of vessel ideal for your vacation plans depends on where you will be, when you will be there and what you plan to do. Your yacht charter expert can help you determine what type of boat is the best fit for your vacation style.
Securing Italy Yacht Charters with Neptune Group Yachting
Based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida – the yachting capital of the world – Neptune Group Yachting plans and executes the entire yachting experience. Our team can help you choose a destination, select a date, book alternative travel, connect you with locals and recommend daytime activities. We invite you to start the vacation planning by reviewing our inventory of boats. See something you like? Give us a call and we can begin the planning process.